So I came across some recipes yesterday on BuzzFeed and they were so simple that they inspired me to try one of them last night. It was so simple, I think it took longer to prep than to cook the meal. And it was a one pot meal, so I was pleased for sure. Only had to wash two dishes. 🙂
Creamy Mushroom Chicken Fettuccine
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 chicken breasts, sliced thinly into strips
1 onion, sliced
2 cups mushrooms, sliced
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons salt
2 teaspoons pepper
2 cups heavy cream
¼ cup parsley, chopped
12 ounces cooked fettucine
1. Heat oil in a pot over high heat.
2. Add the chicken and let it brown in the pan, cook until no pink is showing.
3. Add the mushrooms, onions, garlic, salt, and pepper, cooking until mushrooms are slightly browned and onions are translucent and soft.
4. Add the heavy cream and parsley, stirring until evenly mixed.
5. Add the fettuccine and stir until the pasta is evenly coated.
This recipe is one of those that is warm and comforting. Perfect for the cold winter day we had here in Detroit. I will see how good it is reheated today. Let me know your thoughts if you try this one.